Recipes

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Is Harris Teeter better for Organics and Buying Local?

Well after my disappointing trip to Food Lion, I decided to go back to Harris Teeter.  I have purchased alot from them lately simply for their large selection and don't forget they DOUBLE coupons up to 0.99 everyday!  So for my family Harris Teeter seems to be the way to go for not only organics but if you coupon, it's totally worth an extra few miles!
Harris Teeter does offer their own brand of organic/natural food!

They even carry their own organic milk as well as Organic Valley (our local farmers produce for them so that would be my first choice to promote local businesses)!!!  They actually even have sales on their organic products so it is not as expensive as the "name brand" organics. 
I was so impressed with not only their selection but that have taken great effort in promoting their local farmers and specifically identifying the produce with the farmer.  It makes you feel like you have some connection in helping them and their family.  Since not all of us are able to go the local farmers market and many times it is seasonal, Harris Teeter is a local company selling local products-HOORAY!
Just a little note on their customer service which for Mooresville is awesome!  They are willing to help in any way they can.  Even the cashiers are up to speed on the coupons that don't double and warn you in advance...take a guess how I know!
In the produce section they have degradable vegetable bags which is just another extra step they have taken to be earth friendly. So all in all I will continue to shop at Harris Teeter if I can't buy direct.  Super happy to share my grocery adventure with you and do be more aware of who you are shopping with.  Many companies list on their website how they are helping the community!  Our money is better spent on folks that care about us!

No comments:

Post a Comment