Recipes

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Inventory your trash

In effort to reduce our trash (believe me it has been quite a bit) I am going to take an inventory of all the items with throw away daily. We currently have a designated trash can to throw away paper products we use for compost but it seems like there is still slot of trash. We consume so many disposable items daily that I truly do not think we realize. I believe that the more we can recycle and reuse the better off we are. It is just making your family more aware of what they are putting in the trash. So let the inventory begin...sounds kind of gross but I think we a little thought we may be able to reduce our trash significantly. We all would like to take out the trash less and reduce the size of the landfills, right? Well let's just see what an average family throws away daily for the next week. Going with a lifestyle to be more natural (simplifying our lifestyle-organically I guess you could say) starts with the simplest things like your trash! I wonder what the cost of biodegradable trash bags are...guess that will be next on the list when we go to the store. Hopefully we will be able go find someone around Mooresville or Lake Norman that carries "organic" trash bags! I will try and post within a week on our findings. Trash to treasure takes in a completely different meaning when you think of the TRUE Treasures you are after for the future of your family and mankind.

Love and Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment