Recipes

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Are you embarrased to be a CHRISTian?

Over the past few months I have watched Facebook constantly to see if there is a trend in posts!  There have been tons of scripture, inspirational quotes, prayers, and others post thanking God.  Now, I do understand that it depends on who your friends are and the pages you are receiving newsfeed from, however I have a diverse range of friends and I still have seen this happen.  After viewing a recent video that went "Viral" Why I Hate Religion, but Love Jesus, these lines seemed very important for me to share...
"Now I ain't judging I'm just saying quit putting on a fake look
Cause there's a problem if people only know you're a Christian by your Facebook
I mean in every other aspect of your life you know that logic's unworthy
It's like saying you play for the Lakers if you just put on a jersey"

So with that said, I can see the good that has come out of Facebook and the opportunities to share God's word with others.  The downside is it for real?  Are those sharing their faith doing so away from the virtual world of Facebook?  Are we growing as a Christian community being Courageous in our Faith or merely just online? 
I saw recently a post that said I have Talked the Talk, now it is time to Walk the Walk!  Isn't that we are called to do...live the life according to Jesus' example?  Loving others, Encouraging one another, Supporting fellow brothers/sisters.  This doesn't just mean online, it means everywhere All the time.  I recently put a Cross decal on my car and it has made me think twice about the image I am portraying-the word "accountability" comes to mind.  Not by law, but by example of good things that are pleasing to Glorify God!  Can a car decal do that...yes it most certainly did for me. The same goes for the clothing line through Organic Christians (huge reason for doing this)...  As I wear a shirt with a Cross or scripture, I am professing that I am working on being a disciple of Christ.  Desiring to share love, testimony, God's grace, whatever it may be that leads others down a better path for their life.  So do I feel a sense of accountability for my actions, more so now in courageously and outwardly expressing my faith.  During my time with business expos, chamber events, and business dealings over the years, I felt I needed to be politically correct.  I understand being respectful of others-don't get me wrong, I try very hard to do that, but I have found more often than not folks WANT to talk about God and their walk with Him.  It is amazing once you open the line of communication how similar we all really are.  Maybe it's where we live in a small southern town or maybe God is MOVING like crazy and pushing us towards UNITY with one another.  I have just been taken back by all of the posts and comments that have shown we do want to talk about God, Jesus, Love, Prayer, Inspiration (in-spirit), Encouragement, Support!  So this gentlemen who openly expressed his heart for the Lord through a viral video, is alot like the rest of us...wanting to express the True Love of Jesus.  Now, not all that he said was theologically accurate, but you could tell his genuine intentions were from the heart and to me that is what matters most!  So regardless of your scripture knowledge you can show that you are a CHRISTian and believe in the power of the Cross!  Let us remember every day and pray that we take the opportunity to be courageous!  Our relationship with the Lord is an individual one but we all have the chance to Shine His Light to each other!  Praise God that we live in a country that has Freedom of "Religion" and Freedom of speech.  So don't be afraid to let someone know you are a CHRISTian (Jesus Follower), what you say or do may impact someones life forever...in a Good Way!

There are many scriptures of boldness, bold to speak, courage,  (great study to do on these words) but may I just leave you with a couple...
Eph 3:12
12In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of Him
Psalm 31:24
24Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment