Recipes

Monday, January 30, 2012

Juicing is worth it!

I have been asked about juicing machines and I know there are tons out there!  We purchased the Jack LaLanne's Juicer years ago when it was around $250.  It sat in the bottom of the pantry for quite sometime collecting dust after using it once just to make sure it worked :)
So this past year (2011) we watched the documentary Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead (watch it for FREE on hulu-you don't have to sign up just follow this link and wait on the advertisements to finish)
Great insight not so much for me loosing weight (for those who know me, it's not an issue YET) but such wonderful benefits healthwise.  Many folks who juice have reduce their blood pressure, no longer need prescription drugs, and help with maintaining blood sugar. 
The benefits are AMAZING!  I like to juice for nutrition and detoxing.  Right away with two days of adding 2-3 glasses/day my face starting peeling.  I thought maybe it was drying my skin at first, but then realized it was actually clearing up my skin.  The toxins were being released and the dead skin cells were coming on off.  Kind of gross, I know, but I could acutally understand NOW why this was important.
I did run across it being a little expensive and tried to adjust our budget for fruits and veggies one week, then meats the next.  If you are need for more leafy vegetables Harris Teeter runs their Organic Kale around 99cents/lb and there is no weight to Kale so you can get plenty under $1.  My all time favorite is carrots and apples!  I was shocked at the sweet taste and fell in love immediately-quick and easy ones too! 
The best advice I can give is utilize it all!  Pulp (meat some would call it) comes out the back and can be used for various things.  Examples: After juicing strawberries, blueberries, and rasberries I took the pulp and made muffins.  Juicing cabbage & carrots is a great starter for your coleslaw.  There are tons of recipies in the books we got with the machine.  Jack's wife is outstanding in her book (big thick one) on adding it to your daily life, the nutrional factors, and tons of recipes for energy, morning boosters, juices that help in stomach issues, and utilizing the pulp!  

Have fun juicing and do remember the provider of it ALL!  God created these wonderful fruits and vegetables for us to maintain a healthy lifestyle!! 

Genesis 1:29-30 King James Version (KJV)

29And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
30And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

No comments:

Post a Comment